Sunday, December 30, 2007
at 8:19 PM
UFC 79 was a great event, here's what I learned.
10. Lyoto Machida is no joke, whether or not you like his fighting style, the guy wins. Soko is a talented guy, but I think we all underestimated Machida's skills.
9. Melvin Guillard and Rich Clementi should not be allowed back in the UFC. Talking shit to each other is fine, hating each other is fine, but the way these 2 guys acted is just idiotic.
8. Okay UFC we get it, you hated the Pride Fighting Championships. The whole "we're not in Japan" thing is getting old.
7. I still don't understand why the UFC doesn't show ALL undercard fights, for 40-50 bucks most people want all the action they can handle and many times the undercard fights are great.
6. Georges St. Pierre will be the welterweight champion in 2008.
5. Take it from GSP, if you wanna beat a world class wrestler(Hughes, Koscheck) put them on their back.
4. Wanderlei Silva remains on the top of my list as the most entertaining fighter ever.
3. When Chuck Liddell wins, Dana White is the happiest man on earth.
2. Biased commentary is getting a little out of control. I watched the Liddell/Silva fight 3 times and you would think Chuck was fighting a nobody. All the replays were Chuck highlights and the knock down for Silva was discredited as a simple slip.
1. I don't care what anyone says Wanderlei Silva vs Chuck Liddell is in the top 3 greatest fights I've ever witnessed and for me it lived up to the hype.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
at 6:09 PM
Hey everyone this is a brand new interview from rawvegas.com's road to UFC 79. Good interview, if your an aspiring musician Wandy is looking for some entrance music and is accepting music through his website at wanderleisilva.com.br.
Friday, December 7, 2007
at 6:19 PM
****UPDATE, Apparently Sherk is now being stripped! Here's a LINK to the story****
UFC Lighweight Champion Sean Sherk will remain the champion, despite testing positive for steroids. Here's the meat of the article from mmafightline.
UFC president Dana White has gone back and forth on whether he would strip Sherk of his title were he to lose his appeal to the NSAC. First, White told Yahoo!Sports' Kevin Iole that Sherk would keep the title regardless of the outcome of his appeal, then a few days later, White backpedelled on those comments stating during a conference call that Sherk would probably be stripped of his title if he were to lose his appeal.
Read the rest HERE
Sherk has denied the positive test from the beginning and some in the MMA community would question the way CSAC has handled the whole situation. In any case Sherk and B.J. Penn need to get in the cage and fight. Until that happens many fans will still consider the lightweight belt in limbo.
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
at 6:52 AM
Frank Mir weighs in on his fight with former pro wrestler turned MMA fighter Brock Lesner. Also an interview with Frank Trigg about his clothing line Triggonomics.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
at 8:50 AM
MMA fighter Sam Vasquez has passed away after complications from an MMA bout on October 20th he was 35. Heres a snippet from sherdog.
The Harris County Medical Examiner, which confirmed Vasquez passed at 8:15 p.m. CT, has not yet released the cause of death, the report said.
After enduring separate surgeries to remove blood clots from his brain as well as a massive stroke, Vasquez was discharged from downtown Houston's Saint Joseph Medical Center Critical Care Unit and transferred to an area hospice on Nov. 26.
On Wednesday Sandra Vasquez, the fighter's wife, told Sherdog.com, "He's about to go." Two days later, Vasquez, the father of a 7-year-old boy, lost his battle with the apparent affects of a regulated mixed martial arts fight.
Read the rest HERE