Friday, January 2, 2009

Alistair Overeem in Talks with UFC, Wants Fedor, Lesnar, Bonjasky and Mir


Alistair Overeem is challenging everyone these days and you got to admit he seems to be a much better fighter now then in his Pride days. In an interview with DreamFighters.com he talks about who he wants to fight(everyone) and the possibilty of fighting for the UFC.

DreamFighters.com: What is next for you? UFC, Lesnar, Fedor, what?

Alistair Overeem: Well I chellenged Bonjaksy on k-1 rules and yes Fedor and lesnar or on my list, Mir as well!


Overeem said he is planning on attending UFC 93.

DreamFighters.com: Who would you like to fight next?

Alistair Overeem: I am going on a holiday as I really trained hard whole 2008, beginning of february I will start training again, my management is in negotiations now, I might visit the UFC in Ireland on January 17th.


Overeem also discussed his future fighting plans.

DreamFighters.com: Have you had any talks with Dana White or the UFC - Any interest fighting for the UFC or Affliction?

Alistair Overeem: My management has been in contact with Affliction as well as the UFC, I am a fighter and i concentrate on fighting, I am very happy with Golden Glory!



The big question with Overeem in his Pride days was his suspect chin, but he seems to be a whole new animal now. He always had good striking, but his ground game has vastly improved over the years. His decision to move to heavyweight really changed his whole career around. Dominating and knocking out one of the best kickboxers on the planet(Badr Hari) at his own game is extremely impressive. Overeem seems to be on the right path to reaching the elite level of fighters.

No comments: