Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Fighters to Forever be Banned from the UFC if They Take Part in the EA MMA Video Game


This disheartening bit of news first came from Golden Boy at the UG
I hear that all mma managers were informed that if any of their clients not currently under contract with the UFC..... sign to be a part of the EA game.......the will forever be banned for fighting in the UFC.

Sounds like a simple rumor right? Albeit from a pretty reputable source, but then later in the forum post, MMA Uber agent Ken Pavia of MMAAgents.com says this.
It's true. And they told me want the word out.


In any case, if 100% true, this just plain blows. So let me get this straight, if I am an up and coming fighter fighting for an MMA organization not named UFC. I have to turn down money that I could feed my family with, just for the very slim chance that one day the UFC may sign me to a contract.

Listen this could all be smoke and mirrors or it could be misinterpreted, but we can still discuss. What happens to current UFC fighters that still own their image rights like Randy Couture and Lyoto Machida? This is just mind blowing to me if true.

No comments: