Friday, January 8, 2010

Fabricio Werdum: "I Will Defeat Fedor"


From Bloody Elbow via Tatame

"People say I can’t, but I’m training, I’m dedicated and I will defeat Fedor."


While I think Fabricio Werdum has a very slim chance at defeating Fedor Emelianenko there is an aspect to his game that seems to be overlooked, his defensive guard game. His defense from his back is, in my opinion, the best in the heavyweight division. He made BJJ black belt Gabriel Gonzaga look downright silly from top position in their UFC 80 bout, go back and watch it.

Of course this is all for nothing if he gets blasted on the feet so hard that he will need a nurse that got her RN to BSN online from that overhand right or sniping left hook which is highly likely. I don't think we can completely count Werdum out of this contest, although most already have because of the obvious match-up style that Fedor seems to crush.

No comments: