Monday, November 5, 2007

Q & A with UFC Star Houston Alexander


Gary Herman over at cbs sportsline just had an exellent interview with up and comer UFC fighter Houston Alexander about his upcoming fight with the undefeated Thiago Silva. Heres a snippet.

Q: What are your thoughts on the upcoming fight with Thiago Silva?

A: It's going to be a very exciting fight. Thiago likes to come out just like I do. He wants to come right at you.

Q: How long do you think the fight will go? Will it be a quick one?

A: I'm not sure. It can go a minute, or it can go three rounds. It all depends on the type of fighter he wants to be. If he wants to go down quick, we can do it quick. If he wants to go down slow, we can do that also.

Q: One of the questions most people have had about your style is: What is your ground game like?

A: A lot of people have asked me that. I have two words for anyone asking -- Bob Shermer. Shermer has one of the top jiu-jitsu teams in the world, and I just happen to be working with him. I also have one of the best wrestling coaches in the Midwest in Curly Alexander. He has been a wrestling coach for 35 years. My ground game is great. It is just as good as anyone's in the UFC. It probably rates a little better then my stand-up. If these guys can get past my first line of defense, they'll get a chance to see it.


Read the rest HERE

1 comment:

Null said...

[My ground game] probably rates a little better then my stand-up

Sounds like BS but I'd like to see it put to the test.